So you’re having a baby, huh? . . . Congrats! You’re now looking to get your Amazon baby registry setup and get your free welcome box however you’re probably wondering “How does the Amazon baby registry work, anyway?”
Having an Amazon baby registry is a must and getting your FREE Amazon baby welcome box is a bonus!
Well, I’m giving you everything you need to get setup!
We’re supported by moms. . .This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended – at no extra cost to you, of course. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure here.
What is a Amazon baby registry?
Amazon Baby Registry Benefits
- Easy to set up and manage – It’s really easy to create your Amazon baby registry. In just few clicks you can add/remove items, add comments and let your friends and family know which items are a must.
- Huge selection of products – There are thousands of products available for you to add to your registry on Amazon.
- Universal baby registry – so even though you’re baby registry is with Amazon you can add items from most retailers because they offer their products on Amazon. It’s a one stop shop kinda thing!
Amazon Baby Registry Discount
- Registry completion discount – any items that are left on your Amazon baby registry after your due has passed, you will receive a 10% discount off those items. If you’re a Prime member, you’ll get a 20% discount instead. If you’re not a prime member, I highly recommend you sign up for a free Prime 30-day trial.
- Free Amazon baby welcome box – The welcome box is completely free! You do have to be a Prime member (which is ok if you’re not because you can sign up for a free Prime 30 day trial and cancel should you decide to). Then after a minimum of $10 is purchased from your registry, you are mailed a box full of items and coupons for you and the baby (valued up to $35).
Side Note: Amazon does not charge the $35 that is initially shown. You can proceed to check out without selecting a payment method and the $35 is applied as a gift card and you are charged $0.00.
To claim your free Amazon baby welcome box, follow these steps:
- Go to Baby Registry.
- Select “Create a new baby registry”.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Add items to your baby registry. Be sure to add items from this list of the Best Baby Shower Gifts for Mom, Baby & Dad.
- If you are not already a Prime member, sign up for the free 30-day Prime trial.
- Either purchase $10 worth of items or friends/family can purchase $10 worth of items from the list. It basically doesn’t matter who buys $10 worth of items from the list as long as a minimum purchase is made.
- Amazon gives you a checklist to help keep track of things that you may or may not need. You will need to “mark as complete” at least 60% of these items from the checklist that they provide you with – regardless if you tend to buy certain items or not. Just go down the list and check off whatever you see fit – even the items you already have or don’t need.
- Once you’ve done steps 1-7 (above), you will see a “Claim Now” button on the left side of your Amazon Baby Registry. Click that button to automatically add the Welcome Box to your cart. You will also receive an email to the address associated with your Amazon.com account in 1-2 days.
How Does the Amazon Baby Registry Work?
Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box Contents
Items you receive in the Amazon baby registry welcome box are valued up to $35. The actual items you receive may vary (depending on what is being offered at the time you claim yours). Either way, most of us have been really satisfied with the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box so it’s definitely worth it to get yours!
- 1 Swaddle blanket
- A teething toy
- Amazon brand baby wipes (a full size)
- A 4oz bottle
- A sample of Pampers & wipes
- A sample size of healing ointment
- A sample size of baby lotion
- A sample pair of breast pads
Grab the FREE Printable Hospital Bag Checklist for Mom, Baby & Dad!
More Amazon Baby Registry Benefits
- 365-day return policy – this is probably one of my favorite benefits. I love the fact that I have the option to return anything that was purchased as a gift within a year. Keep in mind that items purchased by the registry owner must be returned within 90 days of purchase.
- Manage it on the go – because it’s an online-only registry, you have 24/7 access to it via any of your mobile devices or computer.
- Additional offers and discounts for prime members – if you are a prime member (like I am), you’ll get more offers and discounts throughout your pregnancy and after baby arrives.
- International registry
- Can be shared – up to 2 people can manage the same Amazon baby registry.
- Group gifting – your family & friends can chip in together and buy an item(s) lists on the registry. You make this an option for specific items or all the items that you add.
- Free shipping – free shipping is available for orders $25 and over. If you’re a prime member, you get free shipping – regardless of the order amount. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial for Prime here.
- Thank You list all in one place – after anyone buys anything from your registry, you will want to be sure to say thank you and/or send then an actual thank you card. With the Amazon baby registry, everyone is all in one place.
- Provides a helpful checklist – provides you with a list that can be used to help you with what you’ll need.
How does the Amazon baby registry work? . . . All your questions answered
When should I start a baby registry? You can start your baby registry at any time. You can always add and remove things as you see fit. This list will help you determine the things that you’ll want to add to your Amazon baby registry.
How can I get a free baby welcome box from Amazon? Once you create your Amazon baby registry and something is purchased from your registry, you will then receive your free Welcome Baby Box in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
Can you return items from your Amazon baby registry? Absolutely! And the great thing about it is that you have a full 90-days to return anything bought from your baby registry.
Will the buyer know if I return a gift on Amazon? No, so don’t feel bad should you need to return something.
How do I find someone’s Amazon baby registry? Go here and search by registrant’s name. You can also do an advanced search by using the city, state, arrival month & year.
Does Amazon Baby Registry show who purchased? The ‘Thank Your List’ will show you the names and addresses of people who have bought items from your Registry.
How do I find out who my Amazon gift is from? You can check the ‘Thank Your List’.
How do I start a new baby registry on Amazon?
I too wondered . . . “How does the Amazon Baby Registry work?” so I know how it is.
I hope this article helped you as much as it has with so many other moms. Creating your Amazon Baby Registry is quick, easy, and fun!
I would love to hear from you. . . Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts!
Are you on Pinterest? . . . 📌 Save this for later!