As a new blogger, it can be overwhelming because there is so much to learn in the beginning. Having the perfect roadmap that guides you through the process of growing your blog and making money is so important.
Do you want to start a blog?
If you already have a blog, have you set up your blog business to maximize your reach to your target audience and be able to make money from it?
If you answered “Yes!” to either one of these questions, then this is the place for you!
If you’re not yet a blogger . . . Why should you become one??
- Starting a blog will serve as a creative outlet to express yourself.
- You can start and grow your blog into a money-making business. Be your own boss.
- Having a blog will allow you to keep in touch with friends and family.
- If you currently have a business, a blog will help you grow your existing business.
If you already a blogger . . .
Consider this! There are ONLY two things that you own as a blogger:
- Your blog/website
- Your email list
These are the two most important things you will need to nurture.
- Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc could disappear tomorrow. All your content & followers would be lost. . . What would you do? And how would you be able to grow your brand if that happened? You can’t just rely on social media platforms to achieve your business goals.
- It’s very easy to get overwhelmed when you 1st start out because you have doubts and there is so much to learn and apply. It’s important you pace yourself and take it one day at a time.
- It’s easier said than done but try to have fun as you build your brand.
- As a blogger, it will take a
lotwork and if you don’t really ACTUALLY enjoy doing what it takes to create and share great content, you may not end up sticking with it.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended – at no extra cost to you, of course. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure here.
Here are some “new blogger” frequently asked questions (FAQs) that will be helpful for you:
- How long will it take you to start a blog? This is pretty much gonna depend on you! The steps that it will actually take to start a blog won’t take a lot of time but the other aspects of running a successful blog will definitely take some time. Setting up your systems, gaining an understanding of what it will actually take to run a successful blog, how much time and education you invest in your brand, etc will all be factors that determine how much time it will take to start and actually start making money from your blog.
- Why do you want to start a blog? What is your “why”? This will help you put things in perspective and help you with building your brand. Blogging takes a lot of work and dedication so you really don’t want to start a blog “only” to make money. You really want to start your blog based your passion (that you will research and determine what aspect of it will make allow you to monetize your blog). This way you will be blogging about something you love and able to make money from something you love to do.
- The content that you will be sharing, who is it for? This may be another hard pill to swallow . . . Once you launch your blog and start posting content, the content that you publish will need to be content that your target audience wants to see. Simply put – It’s not only about what you want to share. Now, of course, you want to post content based on what you want (because it is your blog, right?!?) but you will have to learn how to post about things within your niche AND things your audience want to read about.
- Is it expensive to start a blog? No, but there are some start-up costs (ex. domain name, website hosting, other business resources, etc) that you will need. The good thing about starting a blog is that you can go at your own pace and do what’s best for YOU. You will eventually have to invest in more services/costs that will benefit you and your brand. Consider adding services/costs as you go – based on the growth of your brand and your budget.
- What’s the difference between a ‘free’ or ‘paid’ (aka Self-hosted) blog platform? Ok, so there are so many new bloggers that are not aware of the differences from having a free blog versus a paid blog. The best way I would explain it is that while the free version offers you a free blog platform, it is very limiting and you don’t have control over your blog. You will not be able to fully optimize it and/or make money from a free blog – not nearly as much from a paid blog platform. I will get more into detail on the differences on Day 2.
- Do I have to be tech-savvy in order to start a new blog or switch from a free blog platform to a paid/self-hosted blog platform? Absolutely not! The process will vary depending on which hosting company you choose. The process with WordPress.org is really fast and easy so ANYONE can do it. I personally use WordPress.org and I switched from a free WordPress.com blog to a paid blog so I personally know how easy it really it is.
- Are you blogging just for fun, to make money OR both? If you are just planning to blog for fun then your blog can be about whatever you want it to be and go with a free blog platform. If you are looking to monetize your blog, then you will have to take into account what it takes to make a money-making blog. This may be a hard pill to swallow but the reality is, you will not want to create your blog about a niche/topic that’s not going to make you money.
Enroll in the FREE 7-Day ‘Roadmap to Profit’ Blogger Challenge today! You can complete this e-course on your own schedule and you will have access to it for as long as you need it. Please be sure to reach out to me directly should you have any questions.
- Who wants to know how to how to get more clicks on a blog post?
- 15 Creative Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Blog