There are so many blogging tools & resources available to bloggers nowadays. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed and not know what step to take next. Here is a list of must-have blogging tools and resources that I personally use or know are great options.
Pin this for later!??
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended – at no extra cost to you, of course. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure here.
Email Marketing Providers
Depending on your needs and preference will determine which email marketing provider (EMP) you should decide to go with. This is one of the MOST important blogging tools and resources that you need. You definitely want to take a look at
- ConvertKit (Click here to sign up for a risk-free 14-day trial) **Recommended
- MailerLiter (Click here to get started – it’s free up to 1,000 subscribers) **Recommended
- Constant Contact (Click here to sign up – it’s free but only up 100 unique contacts)
- MailChimp (Click here to sign up – it’s free up to 2,000 subscribers but limited and not user-friendly)
‘Building Your Email List’ Tools
Building your list and increasing your online presence is such an important part of running a successful blog, especially when it comes to monetizing your blog. These 2 tools will help you do just that!
- Leadpages (Click here to get started with a free 14-day trial)
- MiloTree (Click here for a free 30-day trial)
The theme controls the appearance of your site – which is what your audience will see. There are thousands of themes to choose from. With so many choices – can be a bit overwhelming. Try not to get overwhelmed or get so wrapped up and take too much time with choosing a theme.
Many themes come with lots of colors, complex layouts, flashy animations, etc. Sometimes you may need all or some of those things, but in a lot of cases, you don’t really need all that.
Choose a theme that will allow your audience to find the information they need while also allowing you to grow and build your brand – by sharing awesome content.
Your theme is important but you can change it anytime.
Web Hosting Providers
A blog platform is basically a website builder – which is GREAT for anyone that is not tech savvy (I’m definitely not?)! There are several blog platform/website builders/hosting providers that you can choose from. This is another important blogging tools you will use. Companies like Bluehost (which I recommend), Siteground, HostGator, Wix, Squarespace, and Blogger are some of the popular companies that provide hosting services. I totally recommend Bluehost because they work very well with WordPress, are very affordable, reliable and have excellent 24/7 customer support.
Start a Money Making Blog
- The FREE ‘Start a Money Making Blog’ 7-day blog challenge (Click here to get started TODAY!)
Selling Digital Products
- Teachable (Click here to try for free -OR- sign up risk-free for 30 days with a monthly/annual plan)
- SendOwl (Click here to sign up for a 14-day trial)
- Google Docs
- Akismet Anti-Spam: Protects your blog from spam.
- All In One SEO Pack: Boost your site’s search engine optimization.
- Google Analytics: You have to keep up with your site’s stats. You can install the plugin or you can use the website and/or App. I personally use the website and the App. I avoid installing too many plugins by all means necessary. ?
- FMTC Affiliate Disclosure: Add FTC-Compliant Disclosure statement to the beginning of your blog posts.
- All In One WP Security: Adds security to your site, even emails
your monthlybackups of your site!
- Instagram Feed: Display beautifully clean, customizable, and responsive Instagram feeds.
- PopupAlly: Pop up
exitingreaders. Does not interfere with pop up ads.
Pug :Colored bars (for each social media platform) that make it easy for your readers to share your content. It’s is not as popular as of yet however it said Social Pug doesn’t slow down your site and system crashes as other options (Ex. Social Warfare).
- Better Click To Tweet: Easily add Click to Tweet boxes to your posts or pages. All the features of a premium plugin, for FREE!
- Yoast SEO: Boost your site’s search engine optimization. Assist you with SEO by recommending how to write each blog post.
- Social Media Icons: Social media icons are a MUST! These will allow your readers to find and follow you on your social media platforms. You can install a plugin or you can use the ones that come with your WP theme.
- iOS Images Fixer: This is recommended for iPhone Fixes the issues with the photos being rotated. No settings editing required, just activate the plugin and try uploading an image from your device!
- Your email marketing provider (EMPs): Most of the email marketing providers have a plugin that’s required to get the full benefit of using their features. (Ex.
Convertkit, ConstanctContact, MailerLite, MailChimp). There will be more information regarding ESPs later on within this course.
- Grammarly – I’m not sure about you but writing doesn’t come naturally to me. You need to be sure your content is free of any spelling and grammar mistakes. Grammarly is highly recommended with everything (ex. when writing your blog post, pitching to brands, etc). This program is a must-have blogging tool! I so wish I would have found this long ago but I didn’t wouldn’t go without it now. Grammarly offers a free version (which is all you need for the most part) however if you want more advanced options, you will eventually want to upgrade to the premium plan. You can start with the free version and quickly discovered I needed the premium version. Click here to install Grammarly for FREE.
- Evernote – Is a great way to keep notes on any and everything. Being able to access your notes from any device is a great feature. I don’t currently use Evernote because I have an iPhone. I use ‘Notes‘ on my iPhone because it’s my preference and more convenient for me.
Business Brand Tools
- Stock Photos
- Editing Tools/Apps
- Branding Colors (Hex color code)
Pitching to Brands
Editing Programs Great for Branding
?Pin this for later!
Social Media Content Management
- Tailwind (click here to sign up for a FREE 14-day trial)
- The Ultimate Blog Planner *** Launching Soon ***
- Preview (App)
Affiliate Marketing Networks
- ShareASale (Click here to become an affiliate partner – FREE)
- Awin (Click here to be an affiliate partner – $5 sign up fee but is given back to you once you make your 1st commission)
- Commission Junction (Click here to become an affiliate partner – FREE)
- Rakuten (Click here to become an affiliate partner – FREE)