Being a work from home mom is great however it can be very challenging! It’s easier said than done when you trying to balance work and home life. I’ve worked from home for many years however things have changed drastically since having my 2-year old. She currently goes to daycare part-time (3-4 days a week) so this really helps. I’m not sure about you but I get so exhausted, frustrated and overwhelmed when I can’t find a balance between work and being a mom . . . and a wife. I gonna give you 10 Useful tips that will help ANY mom balance working from home & home life.
Being a mom means we wear many hats!
As a mom, we usually have to wear several different hats and it seems there is ALWAYS something to be done. I’m good with that however it becomes a bit much when that’s the case for an extended period of time. I find that everything builds up! Every so often you hear me saying, “I NEED a break!”. Now, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom . . . It’s just really hard at times! I also really enjoy working from home and having a flexible schedule!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended – at no extra cost to you, of course. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure here.
10 Useful t
ips that will help ANY mom balance working from home & home life
1. Adjust your mindset. Remove as much stress & negativity. We get to choose what we allow in our
2. Self-care. What makes you happy? Is there a hobby you haven’t made time for? Travel? Reading? Having a glass of wine in silence? It’s important because how will you be able to take care of your home if you are not mentally or physically well. Take a day or two off. Find childcare and just do you! If you don’t have the option of someone watching your kids, you can find times throughout the day that they are occupied (ex. nap time, playing, etc). If you need a lil ‘me time’ be sure to grab your FREE printable checklist with 65 Self Care Ideas for the Everyday Fatigue Mom.
3. Time management & prioritizing. This is something I plan on implementing more of in my day-to-day. We all get the same about of hours in the day – the only difference is what each of us chooses to do with that time. I’ve always been a rebellion when it comes to writing everything down and sticking to any kind of schedule. I honestly don’t like to feel like I’m being restricted or kept from doing something I may want to do. As a mom and as an entrepreneur, I’ve learned things become much more effective when they are written down. Consider implementing a chore chart, to-do lists for each adult within the household, using a grocery delivery service, etc.
Are you on Pinterest? . . . Pin this for later!??
4. Get organized. This plays on #3 however it is in a category on it’s own. Every household is different so the way that you organize your work and home life will vary according to what works for you and your family. I’ve been using the ultimate life planner for the everyday fatigue mom and it has helped me tremendously.
6. Join a mom community. It can be tough when you work from home mom. We tend not to get as much face to face interaction with other adults outside of our home. Regardless if your mom tribe is local and/or online, it’s a MUST!
7. Make little changes for the better. Know that you can only do so much! . . . Do what you can little by little. I know it may be easier said than done but don’t stress about it.
You were somebody before you were a mom. . . That somebody matters too!
8. Don’t compare yourself or child to other moms and children. It is easy to look at someone’s situation and compare your situation to theirs. I know it’ easier said than done but seriously . . . Don’t do it!
9. Meal planning. This is something else that I’m working on improving. I personally have never really planned meals. I usually decide what I will eat based on what mood I’m in on any day and time. Well, after doing some research and seeing how meal planning saves so much time and energy for so many other moms that I’m convinced I am going to do it as well.
10. Just let go and embrace motherhood. Motherhood is tough! Sometimes you may just need to let go of the need for everything to be perfect and just let go!
What do you currently do to try to balance your work and home life? Leave a comment below and let me know.