Being a work from home mom, balancing work and home life is already tough and then on top of that I have to fight with my picky toddler to get her to eat? I don’t know about you but I don’t have the energy most of the time to fight with my toddler at each and every meal. Having a toddler that is a picky eater can be a little challenging when it comes to finding toddler meal ideas that they will actually go for.
We moms have to get creative and be sneaky sometimes for picky eaters! That may mean cutting up adding fruits and/or veggies in their meals or could mean being stern with them and making them eat what you provide.
Because there are so many different ways moms get their little picky eaters to eat you really have to find what way works for you and try to be patient. Every child and household is different!
Side Note: You can substitute any of the listed foods for that works best for your household.
Breakfast: Toddler Meal Ideas for Picky Eaters
1. Oatmeal with fruit (from scratch or instant) – I use either or I mixed 1/2 and 1/2 sometimes. It really depends on you and your little one. You get creative & can try different fruits. You may want to give overnight oats a try eventually too!
2. Cream-a-wheat or grits, eggs (a side of meat is optional) – This is our go-to for breakfast (minus the meat because she doesn’t really like to eat meat). Our family loves grits however I prefer to give her cream-a-wheat because it’s more nutritious.
3. Yogurt with or without fruit – Yogurt is great! You can choose to give it to them in a bowl with fruit, as a smoothie or in a pouch. I like to mix it up!
4. Frittata bites – It’s basically a frittata but made in small bite sizes for the kids. Bite sizes are always easier for them.
5. Pancakes or Waffles (homemade or frozen) – You can make shapes or make it in a large pan in the oven and cut them up in small bites.
Easy Toddler Meal Ideas for Picky Eaters
6. Peanut butter & jelly sandwich w/ fruit – The is an all-time classic meal for anyone . . . especially the kiddos. You can get make it fun for them by using food cutters to cut the sandwich into cute shapes. Substitute with almond butter if you prefer.
7. Sweet potato bites w/ meat or other veggies – Sweet potatoes can be cooked in many different ways. Cutting them up and roasting/baking them is a great way for them to eat them. Sprinkle cinnamon and olive oil on top so that they don’t get dry and make it tasty. You can add a little brown sugar to give them a lil sweetness.
8. Pizza (homemade, store-bought, or delivered) – This is the most favorite thing kids love to eat. You can make it fun for them by buying pizza dough and letting them make their own. Or you could call the local pizza shop and have one delivered!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended – at no extra cost to you, of course. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure here.
9. Beans & rice – Out of all these toddler meal ideas, this is probably my favorite meal to give my toddler because it’s filling and she gets a protein and fiber. She loves it! I like to mix it up and use all different types of beans. . . black beans, black-eyed peas, red beans, northern beans, etc. You can also decide to use brown rice and/or quinoa if you want more nutrition. Cook the beans & rice together or cook them separately and then mix them together in their bowl.
10. Fruit & veggie pouches – These have been my go to since my little one has been able to eat. They’re the perfect for them to consume fruits and veggies. You can even get creative and make your own pouches. FYI – I tried to make my own but my little one hated them! LOL
11. Soup (homemade, store-bought or canned) – If you have a blender you make all kinds of soups, you can buy soup from the grocery store (usually in the deli section) or from a restaurant (preferably Panera Bread or a local restaurant). They actually now sell Panera Bread soup in most grocery stores now so that’s even better.
12. Smoothies – This is gonna be my go-to from here on out. A friend of mine has a Vitamix blender and it’s a-m-a-z-i-n-g however it’s really expensive so I found an alternative which I’ve listed below.
13. Egg w/ a side of toast & fruit – this quick and easy! You can serve the egg scrambled or as a hard-boiled egg. If you can, try to add avocado, peanut butter or just butter to the toast.
14. Spaghetti – This is a favorite too! The noodles can be whatever you see fit. I usually use angel hair noodles or elbow noddles but there are so many different noodles you can use. If you’re good, you can mince some spinach, tomatoes and/or other veggies and mix them up in there too.
15. Cheese quesadilla – a great way to sneak in veggies!
16. Rice mixed with veggies & meat – there are so many options with this one.
17. Mashed potatoes, veggies & meat – make the mashed potatoes from scratch or not . . . They’ll love them either way!
18. Sweet potatoes fries & meat – Sweet potatoes are great for your little one. I cook them in different ways but I think this is the best way for picky eaters.
19. Ramen noodles with veggies & fruit – I don’t really like ramen noddles like that so I don’t give them to my little these but some kids love them! Add the veggies and you can even add your own seasoning.
20. Stew – a great way to get creative and a big hit for the entire family.
21. Mac-n-cheese – This is of course an all-time favorite for most little ones. This can be concerned with a side dish or as a meal. You can make it so that it’s more nutritious by adding peas and/or using whole wheat noodles, butter squash, etc.
22. Garlic parmesan chicken w/ potatoes – I found this recipe awhile ago and it has become one of my favorites.
23. Lasagna – you can use the traditional way or use small noddles, mix it all together.
24. Grill cheese sandwich w/ a side of fruit or veggies – Another good opportunity to use the cute shapes.
25. Noodles and sauce – Try different sauces and different types of noddles.
🗯From the list, which meal idea do you think your toddler likes the most? Drop a comment below and let me know.👇🏾
Are you on Pinterest? . . . 📌 Save this for later!